Well, get used to saying President McCain.
Obama is a dimwit! Picking Biden basically hands the election to McCain. Why?
1. It makes it clear to the American people that his opponent is right, Obama is a phony who doesn't believe his own rhetoric of change (as if Obama's nearly all white male advisory panel doesn't do that already).
2. It's a slap in the face to Clinton supporters and women voters, who hoped at least for a female VP if not Clinton as VP. Now, that would've been change. It also would've staunched the flow of Clintonistas and other moderate women voters to the McCain camp.
3. It's a slap in the face to African-Americans and other racial/ethnic minorities, who may be just a tad bit upset about Biden's propensity for spouting racist remarks, such as...
a. The whole "clean" comment about Obama.
b. Biden's attempt to appeal to Southerners with slavery. Asked how he could appeal to them considering he was a "Northeastern Liberal," Biden said: "Better than everybody else. You don't know my state. My state was a slave state. My state is a border state. My state is the eighth largest black population in the country. My state is anything from a northeast liberal state," And he said this TWICE! once on national TV, once at a campaign stop.
c. Biden's claim that "You cannot go into a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. Oh, I'm not joking."
4. Biden's not-so-clean ethics record, including plagiarism during the 88 campaign, links to his son's lobbying group, and recordings of political operatives later convicted of bribery discussing a meeting with Biden's brother that had been bought and paid for.
5. McCain now has ammunition aplenty to attack Obama's inexperience in Biden's own words (and those of almost every major Democratic leader). He also has lots of video of Biden (and almost every major Democratic leader) praising McCain.