The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Why Nurses Make Bad Sisters

If you can avoid it, do not allow your overprotective, paranoid big sisters to become nurses. It's not good.

A few months ago when I was home visiting, my sister saw me scratch and end up with these small red spots under my skin. She freaked out and started saying that it was a sign of leukemia and I should get tested. I told her to stop freaking out, because I just have fragile blood vessels.

So, now, I'm fatigued and in pain, and my mother (no doubt on my sister's bidding) called me and started talking about the cancer that runs in my family, my sister's skin cancer removal months ago, and how we'd never had anyone young with leukemia except my great-grandmother who died of it when she was 42.

I really need that when I'm already freaking myself out.

Anyway, the doc is supposed to call today with results.

3 Comments:

Blogger sinister_n_evil said...

ok... i am checking for good news and you post this...

NOT GOOD my SciFi sis... Don't freak me out when I see Cancer words when skiming before reading...

I am surrounded by sick people... and have had more than my share of sickness myself this past year... enough is enough... I want to hear good news like you are mutating into a superhero.. and can cure the economic crisis with your mental powers or something... i don't mind if it turns your blood green and i am sure you wouldn't either... just fix my credit record while you are at it... and erase my student loans... we gotta think of a cool name for you though...when kahuna feels better, i will have him desigh your costume...

hugs

11:48 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Sorry. Will do a disclaimer first. No word from the doc yet and I'm about to scream!

12:11 PM  
Blogger sinister_n_evil said...

i am screaming for you!!!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home