The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ugh! I hate happy couples....

I really want to live in a lesbian-free zone now. As you know, I've sworn off dating and women for, well, the rest of my life. Unfortunately, I have a penchant for gay entertainment, like romantic comedies starring adorable real-life lesbians. Sometimes, I even torture myself by watching, I don't know, Ellen interviewing her wife. This is not good.

Happy lesbian couples, real or imagined, give me false hope for a brief moment before I remember what my real dating life was like and what my real dating life would be like if I decided to start dating again. It's like the crash you get after eating sugar.

With the happy straight couples, it's bad but not as much. I can always run down the list of ways that it's easier for straight couples to be happy in our society, like...

1. No closet.
2. More choices for dates.
3. More places you can go to meet people.
4. More socially-acceptable outlets for dating. (Office dating is complicated enough if you're straight. You DON'T want to deal with office dating if you're not.)

The list goes on and gets even more bitter, but I think you get the point. So, how do I stop myself from exposing my poor sensitive self to unrealistically happy lesbian couples without boring myself half to death with nothing to watch or read (entertainment-wise) other than icky straight people stuff?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jul said...

Sounds like you need out of the south...come to the northeast! We have lots of choices for women, places to go that won't stone you, and in my neighborhood you can even hold hands and go out and no one would blink an eye.

Don't get too down on your options...there's a ton of chicks out there.

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home