The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Googling Judaism...

As Passover is coming up, I've been deepening my study of Judaism and its traditions. It's sort of my habit to spend a little more time than usual studying around the holy days. This year, I've been focusing on first century Judaism and the transition from pre-Diaspora to post-Diaspora Judaism (aka Rabbinic Judaism). Problem? Every time I google some of the topics I want to explore, the first few or first page of results are anti-Semitic or anti-Judaic to some extent, sometimes virulently so. Obviously, we Jews do not control the interwebs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Only Hollywood.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Alfred said...

Don't know if this helps (can you tell by the first result that I may have used a lot of key words from your post):

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+Judaism+and+the+transition+from+pre-Diaspora+to+post-Diaspora+Judaism&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Rabbinic+Judaism&btnG=Search

2:26 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Cool. Thanks.

I guest I have to be extra detailed and not look up any of the major players or events. I was trying to find in-depth historical/archaeological data and ran up against sites like one talking about the "Jew Bankers" taking over the world or some such nonsense.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home