The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Looking for a Few Good Hobbits

A musical version of Lord of the Rings? J.R.R. Tolkien is either a.) spinning in his grave or b.) laughing his ass off. Somehow, I think it's b, maybe just because I want to believe that Tolkien had a sense of humor. Most sci-fi and fantasy people that I've met have a wicked sense of humor, a love of satire and self-deprecation, and the humility to realize how really funny some of our... er... obsessions really are. Honestly, I'd really love to see it myself, seems like it'd be a lot of fun. Of course, I'm under 5'7" and can hold a note better than most, so maybe...... hmmmmmmm. I've wanted to spend more time in London since my trip there in '99. Might be fun. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home