The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Why Did This Sound Like a Good Idea?

Communications expert for the finance department of a municipal government sounds like a pretty good job, right? A little technical writing. A little editing. Some webmastering. A bit of strategizing here and there. No biggie. After all, it's great professional experience while journalism is in a nosedive. It contributes to my "expertise" in political and economic matters. It might even work towards getting me another editorial position some day.

It might also drive me freaking nuts! I can't go into detail, but you have no idea how unbelievably insane this job is, especially considering the complete absence of communication skills in the general population. Ugh!

Today has been particularly rough, so a colleague decided to express her "sympathy" for my current plight as I tackle a huge personnel-related project. Just a tip: Sympathy is the last thing that comes across when you're SNICKERING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home