The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Diary of A Sick Gay Woman: Part 7

An irritating little birdy got on me about not updating lately, so here's the word:

I'm back on the old meds with a whole slew of vitamins and supplements to counteract the side effects and strengthen my heart. Thank goodness Omega 3 comes in chewables. Of course, if I actually took all of this crap as directed, I'd have to drink at least a half gallon of water every morning.

The pains mysteriously disappeared for a while, leaving an unbelievable exhaustion behind. Generally, I felt like I hadn't slept in months and had a VERY hard time keeping my brain straight. BUT, they're coming back slowly but surely. I've had a few minor pains this week and some trouble keeping the arrythmia fully controlled. Major suckage. Thanks to the supplements though, I now have brief moments of normalcy every other day or so. Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

My life is in a shambles. I haven't written anything in months. The research for the book has come to a shrieking halt. My apartment looks worse that any apartment I've lived in ever has. I'm behind on the bills because I simply forgot to pay a few of them. I've lost touch with valuable friends.

And the holidays are upon me. I got by on Thanksgiving with reheated left-over Chinese and horror flicks. But Hannukamas is another story. Thank goodness for internet shopping b/c shopping in person is SO NOT going to happen.

I'll try to update more often, but I make no promises. We'll see how things go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home