The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Don't Eat Yogurt!

Apparently there's a Brazilian yogurt commercial that aims to show how much sexier thin women (presumably ones who eat yogurt) are than their more Rubinesque counterparts by recreating iconic photos with full-figured models. There seems to be a bit of confusion, however, as this...



...is much, much sexier than this:



(With all due respect to Mena Suvari, who I'm sure is a lovely woman, but the second photo reminds me a bit too much of the crucifixion to be hot.)

4 Comments:

Blogger "THE" Rob Cerio said...

To me, it's not a crucifiction thing... the woman in the upper image is just way sexier... not only does she not look as fragile, but she's smiling.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I saw that on a forum somewhere yesterday and it really ticked me off. The caption says something like "Men aren't going to change what they like. Eat our [low fat, low sugar, utterly tasteless] yogurt." That's so offensive on so many levels.

Plus, the women in the ads are HOTT. Especially the roses one. She looks like she's just happy as a chubby little clam to be naked, and I've never known a man to not like confidence.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Rob, I'm with ya. My first response to the top pic was "Whoa Mama!" or something much more articulate. She's definitely a beautiful woman. Imagine my surprise when I found out that she was supposed to be the "ugly" pic. Ugh!

12:43 PM  
Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

the skinny one looks like a corpse. NOT HOT. the chubby one looks uber-sexy. HOT.

and those are my feelings on this subject... :-)

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home