The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Ever Have One of Those Lives....

It really sucks to be me right now.

I've been working a at my current job as a temporary employee since November. For months, they've been talking up what a great opportunity it'll be for me once they hire me as a permanent employee. All I've gotten is major ass-kissing, "We know you need more money. We know you need a better position. Yada yada yada." So, now they've offered me a permanent position making less than I am now in a lower position than I'm in now. It has better benefits, but that won't make up for the lack of pay. I'd have to forego the annual leave just to make enough money to pay the bills.

And to top it all off, my mother and brother are both being tested for cancer. My mom has lumps in both breasts and is waiting for the test results. My brother may have a tumor in his bladder and is going for tests Thursday. My mom came for a brief visit in October, but I couldn't take a day off, so I only saw her when I was off work. Otherwise, I haven't seen my family since 2005. I can't afford to go home for a visit because I currently don't get paid leave or sick leave thanks to the agency royally screwing all of us by changing the rules at the last second. (I was one week away from earning leave when they wiped out all of last years hours and made me start over with the new plan.) Taking unpaid leave would mean not paying the rent.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home