The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

10 Things About Me: Redux

Okay, RPP said I was cheating when I did this last time, b/c I dwelled on the heart condition rather than on me.

1. I still have a REALLY bad temper. But I actually kind of like the particular shade of blue my eyes turn when I'm mad.

2. Have the heart condition. You can read about that in earlier posts.

3. I gave myself a VERY expensive education, which I'll be paying off for the rest of my life despite being on academic scholarship for undergrad: B.A. from University of New Orleans; M.A. from NYU; and summer study at La Universidad de Costa Rica, San Ramon.

4. I've traveled to 12 countries, not counting the U.S., and somewhere around a bazillion states. (Yes, I realize there are only half a bazillion states in the U.S.)

5. I like to do rather insane things. I hiked the Costa Rican rainforest ALONE and walked off the trails. Remind me to tell you about the spider the size of a dinner plate and the very loud HISS that made me nearly wet myself.

6. I LOVE B-movies! Especially B horror by the likes of Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert.

7. As a kid, I once ran away to the back yard. No one expected that, so it took hours for them to find me. I remember sitting there REALLY pissed as they walked around the neighborhood screaming my name. Those tall wooden fences have benefits.

8. I've broken four bones. Three of them at one time. Didn't cry either time, even though the first one (complete break/displacement of the collarbone) happened when I was three.

9. When I first converted, I'd sometimes forget all of the kosher dietary rules. So, I ate a cheeseburger once! It was an accident, I swear!

10. I sneak internet time at work. Like right now. Okay, I'm at lunch right now, but anyway... SCANDALOUS!

11. B/c #10 is just silly. I work as a technical writer in finance. (That's all I can say on the blog.)

Okay, RPP, there ya have it. Don't beat me!

2 Comments:

Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

"Remind me to tell you about the spider the size of a dinner plate and the very loud HISS that made me nearly wet myself. "

ok, NEVER, EVER, EVER tell me about that spider. NEVER. thank you.

also, when and under what circumstances did you convert? considering my own journey around religion and spirit, i'm curious to hear your story.

and *beat* you??? now why would i do that? (i'll just send my hot fantasy girlfriend trinity out for you.)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'll post that soon. At the moment, I'm about to fall asleep at my desk right on top of this HUGE report.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home