The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'm IT!

RPP has decided to give me an excuse to take some time off from the intellectual battles over at Science Blogs, so I'm going to take it.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?

Dwelling on how little I've accomplished compared to my grand ambitions. Realizing how little time I have with the people that really matter.

Where would you like to live?

In a rebuilt New Orleans, the way it has always been and always should be.

What is your idea of earthly happiness?

Engaging in a furious intellectual debate with people who can challenge me in myriad ways (Yes, Donald, I'm talking about you.), laughing with my friends over old times and new (like that one time I was a tree), spending time with my nieces and nephews, watching Rob grow up into the big man I always knew he could be :sniff:

To what faults do you feel most indulgent?

Faults? I'm supposed to have faults? Hmmmmmmm... I indulge my temper a bit more than I'd like but I don't really feel indulgent about it considering how hard I fight against it. I'd say my tendency to just say fuck it all, at least for a few days, when the world comes crashing in all at once. (I bet that raises my rating!)

Who are your favorite heroes/heroines of fiction?

I'm throwing in movies/Tv here b/c most of the written fiction I read is dystopic. Yoda; DATA for dreaming and achieving the impossible; Jadzia Dax for her honor, wisdom, and amazing rack; Xena for fighting to redeem herself from a not-so-wonderful past; Gabrielle for maintaining purity of spirit in the face of evil and for fighting for the "lost" cause

Who are your favorite characters in history?

The Stonewall rioters, Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Mother Theresa, Deborah (Judge of Israel), Esther/Hadassah (The Jewish Queen of Persia), The men and women of the anti-nazi underground movements of Europe, Sophie Scholl, Anne Frank, Sappho, Abraham b/c he proved his righteousness by challenging even G-d himself

Who are your favorite heroines in real life?

The women above

Your favorite painter?

Salvador Dali

Your favorite musician?

Too many! Melissa Etheridge and kd fit in there. Bitch and Animal rock although I haven't heard their solo stuff yet. Melissa Ferrick is hilarious. Mary Dolan is well, Mary Dolan. And music is definitely not complete without the golden voice of Charlotte Church.

The quality you most admire in a man?

honor, dignity, respect for others

The quality you most admire in a woman?

honor, dignity, respect for others

Your favorite virtue?

Humility in the presence of my greatness!

Your favorite occupation?

writing

Who would you have liked to be?

Molly Ivins

Your most marked characteristic?

exceptional brilliance, astounding good looks, and superhuman humility

What do you most value in your friends?

sense of humor, intelligence, cool toys

What is your principle defect?

maybe my speech defect; it rarely shows itself anymore but when it does, its infuriating!

What is your favorite occupation?

Yeah, what she said.

What is your dream of happiness?

Long life, health, success and for crazy women to leave me alone

What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?

Leaving this life with unfinished business

What would you like to be?

Free

In what country would you like to live?

Canada or New Zealand

What is your favorite color?

none really

What is your favorite flower?

I got the "evil one" fire and ice roses, white on the outside but red on the inside of each petal. I really love those.

What is your favorite bird?

The two sitting on my keyboard, resting at d and k.

Who are your favorite prose writers?

Orwell, Asimov, Huxley, Vonnegut and Bradbury

Who are your favorite poets?

Dickinson, Shakespeare, Byron

Who are your heroes in real life?

the victims that stand and fight; the survivors who throw off the victim mantle

What is it you most dislike?

Willful ignorance.

What natural gift would you most like to possess?

patience

How would you like to die?

Praying and laughing.

What is your present state of mind?

guilty. I really do work here, I swear.

What is your motto?

"Never surrender. Never retreat." and "If you don't like it, you can kiss my..."

The end.

2 Comments:

Blogger reasonably prudent poet said...

yay! so prompt! and great answers! thanks. :-)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I so needed the break!

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home