The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Friday, November 23, 2007

Exciting News

I was checking around for tickets to visit my peeps after the New Year. Planes were out as they were a bit out of my price range. Besides, as much as I criticize this administration and as many activist organizations as I've been associated with, I wouldn't be surprised to find my self on the No-Fly List. But, while checking out the train options, I found a ticket for $120 less than the plane. So, I bought it. Money might be a little tight for a while, but I'm coming home!

I arrive in Picayune, MS on the evening of January 13 and leave January 18. So, some people better start planning a day off (or two) that week. Some people also better start planning some food for Melinda. I'm thinking fried pickles, fried white chocolate peanut butter cups, and fried cream cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers. Let's see. We'll also need: a karaoke machine so that you can embarass yourself for my amusement; some dice for a new Privateers adventure; some Purell because I'm so touching the Nerdlet; and directions to the nearest available Laser Tag Arena. You have your orders! Move out!

2 Comments:

Blogger sinister_n_evil said...

megga awesome....

i am off the 15th thru the 17th...

and there is a brand new lazar tag arena in harrahan... (outside of the new orleans forbidden zone)...

so when are you crashing in kenner... I am willing to try to fry the cream cheese stuffed jalopeno peppers... but you gotta try the deep fried nutter butters... they were outrageously awesome...

we can also do funnel cake when you come down... will be completely awesome and i can't wait for you to meet the kids...

cool... something to fill the void between my birthday and kahuna's... megga cool...

8:11 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm going to talk to my doc. I got some info that said I may be able to take some preemptive antihistamines as long as I take one without decongestant and one that will work for 24 hours, so that I don't have to worry about wear-off. I still have to avoid the worst areas, but I may be able to do Kenner.

We must also arrange a Jackson visit so I can see the Nerdlet.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home