The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Friday, December 07, 2007

If Life Were Like Let's Make a Deal

I always say I'm going to put these things on my blog, then I forget or I convince myself that these musing really aren't things you share with the public. Well, frell that!

I've decided life would be better if it were a game show, but like the ones from the seventies not the modern ones where they're more than happy to send you home with bupkiss. You know what I'm talking about. The consolation prize. Remember? If a contestant didn't do very well, they still went home with some cheap parting gift.

Well, I think those of us who don't get the big prize should get a nice parting gift. Seriously. I think the second they diagnose you with some horrible disease, a scantily clad woman should come out with a box in her hand and a cheesy voice-over should intone "Tell her what she's going home with today, Bob." Then, "Bob" would say, "Well, Melinda. You won't be getting the chance to grow old this lifetime, but no one leaves here empty-handed. So, let's see what the lovely Linda has for you!" Then, of course, Linda would reveal a nice set of dinnerware or dinner for two at the local family restaurant.

Damnit! I want my frelling lifetime supply of Rice-a-Roni!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home