The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Imaginary Girlfriend: Shabana Azmi

In real life, were I ever to be so honored as to encounter Shabana ji, I'd probably die on the spot a happy woman. However, in my imagination, we have lovely, brilliant conversations about film, religion, politics and how truly stunning she is as a woman and as a person. In my dreams, she's not married to one of India's greatest poets and is instead a confirmed lesbian who finds me unbelievably attractive. Yeah, that'll happen.

Anyway, my new imaginary girlfriend is a woman that I have worshipped for years, Shabana Azmi, actress, activist, parliamentarian, and one of the Muslim world's strongest voices against extremism and for peace. The looks don't hurt either.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

So, in your imagination, you're not just standing there going "buhhhh, prettygirl, prettygirl, prettyLADY, buhhh hi, I'm Miranda... MELINDA..."

She is a foxy thing.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Filmi Geek said...

Hi there; as imaginary girlfriends go, this one's already taken. ;) Please check out my shrine^H website for her at http://soundslikepower.blogspot.com

5:31 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Hey, filmi geek. I was just reading your stuff yesterday. She is stunning isn't she? Personally, I think she is the greatest living actress. (I say this having a little-used degree in communications with an emphasis on film/tv, by the way.)

5:42 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Stacey,

Yes, in my imagination, I'm NOT doing my best (or worst) Jerry Lewis impression.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Filmi Geek said...

Yay, new blogosphere pen-pal! I have left some replies to your comment at my guestbook. See you around!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home