The Cult of Melinda

The gAyTM is closed! No gay rights, no gay $$$!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

White People Feet

I was trying to find pic of Raynaud's in its least gross presentation so that you can get an idea of the multi-colored wonderland that are my feet and hands after cold exposure. During the so far unsuccessful search, I realized once again that white people have fucked up feet.

I have inherited quite a few biological characteristics from the Choctaw sides of my family (maternal grandfather and paternal grandmother), some visible, some not. Some of these characteristics took a LONG time to figure out, like the foot thing.

I never really paid much attention to people's feet. I saw mine and my family members' feet regularly but that was about it. Then, I saw white people feet. Ich! Short, stumpy toes. No long second toe. A straight, fat pinky toe. It's just weird. Keep those things covered already!

(Yes, I realize that to you, I'M the one with weird feet, but it's my blog. So suck it, foot freak!)

6 Comments:

Blogger RingoWolf said...

Well that explains why the Mrs. second toe is longer than her "big" toe, she's actually has "Blackfoot" feet! :-)

I didn't know you were Choctaw too!
Halito!
(I'm much too "diluted" to really claim to be anything but a mutt. I don't consider it an insult, dogs are so much more honest and good hearted than people.)

7:39 AM  
Blogger Shaun Stewart said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Halito! Chim Achukma?!

Yeah, I'm between 1/4 and 1/2. It's hard to be precise considering the Choctaw love for racial mixing. I always just tell people that I'm Choctaw enough that my grandmother once yelled at me for asking for the "white man's medicine" in her house. Who knew Neosporin was so racially insensitive?

10:20 AM  
Blogger RingoWolf said...

I'm excited about my new job but I'm fighting off the tail end of a head cold.

So I'm doing pretty good!

:-)

9:05 AM  
Blogger RingoWolf said...

I didn't know of my Choctaw side until someone did a local color article about the local trapper/fishermen of Mandeville. They interviewed my PawPaw and his best friend Mr. Edgar. They asked Mr. Edgar who he thought was better skilled and he said that it was an unfair question since “Piggy’s” (my Pawpaw’s nick name) Choctaw blood gave him a natural advantage.

“Piggy’s the only man I know that can walk across a swamp and never get his feet wet!”

9:14 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Congrats on the new job!

Considering how much time the Choctaw spent hiding in the swamps after the Removal, there are probably a lot of people walking around with Choctaw blood that don't know it.

My family tells the story that my great-grandfather (or maybe great great) told his kids to tell people they were Bohemian when the Kingdom of Bohemia still existed. Of course, he told them what they actually were and made sure their kids and grandkids knew. Maybe that's why my dad's family is so militant about their Choctaw heritage. Being forced to pass must've sucked.

Btw, any time someone asks how you are, you should always start with "My wife's hot and..." haha

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home